Sidor

söndag 28 april 2013

Meatless Monday: Couscous salad

From Several places I have recieved the insentive to eat less meat. It is hard in a family where my fiance says he needs meat everyday but I will at least try. The entire idea of Meatless Monday is not mine of course. I have heard about it before but got really inspired from the blog of Confession of a Modern Witch who I stumbled on for all diferent kinds of reasons. I never saw Mac n' Cheese as something vegetarian - but hey its no meat so it goes! But it was not until just the other week that I found the idea and courage to try  making my on salad (which is not just lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes....) where I stumbled upon a wonderful e-book from Elaine Nichols, the Creatrix of The Radical Rolling Pin.

The book is called "Slow Down and Eat Salad!" and is basicly is a recipe-book in how you make your own salad from basic ingredienses. Now, it might sound silly that me, a grown woman needed a recipee book into making salad right? But I did and this was it. It have helped me find the building blocks and courage to mix myself!

Anyhow, here is the recipe of my first experiment that turned out very successfull:

Warm Cous-cous salad with tofu

The salad
3 dl couscous
some small green leeks
carrots
a bunch of raddish
a red pepper
a small piece of organic tofu (marinated with some nice spices)

The dress-up
2 parts olive oil
1 part white wine vinegar
salt
2 pinches of basil
pepper
1 pinch oregano

  1. Boil the couscous
  2. Chop the vegetables in the meantime.
  3. Dice the tofu and fry it in a fryingpan with some oil
  4. Mix in a big bowl
  5. Mix the ingrediense for the dress-up and pour onto the sallad
  6. ENJOY!
It does not need to be harder than that!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar