Sidor

tisdag 30 april 2013

Mayday for One

No, this is not a SOS call, but instead my own pondering in how to celebrate a pagan holiday alone, that so very much seeps duality. Beltaine/Mayday/Valborg - this sabbat has many names. But what they all have in common is that it celebrates Fertility.

Fertility can manifest in many different ways. The most known way I assume is the Sacred Marriage - also called the Great Rite or Hieros Gamos, the marriage between the God and the Goddess. In its essence and its name it radiates that it is more naturally celebrated with two or more. So now, when I want to celebrate the Mayday alone I have to rethink the concept completly and try to find something that works for me.

So what is the essence of this Holíday that celebrates Fertility? For me it is about Creating life. And that you can do and symbolize in many ways not just with sex. And sex is although something natural and beutiful, something that are set aside for adults.So how can I visualize Life and the creation of life in a childrens-freindly way?

I have this idea here of planting a seed in a pot of fertile soil and then let my DS follow its developments. Maybe some sunflowers. Maybe something else. Have not really worked out all the details just yet. No casting circle, no raising of energies. Just me, my child and the seed of life.

But I still want to do something magickal and manifesting on my own and I just cant put my finger on what exactly I want to do. Within Wicca we have 8 holidays, and independent of why we celebrate them they are crucial markings on the Wheel of the Year. So, at this marking I want to carve in my appreciation for Life. My first thoughts is to create a satchel of some sort that I can carry with me, but I dont have the ingredients available and l am on a shoestring budget right now. So I dug out an old charm that I actually had not used. Since I just recently cymbolicly cut the ties with my old coven by removing my covennecklace I have room for a new necklace!

So I have a plan! Amazing
! Now of to make it happen

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar