Sidor

fredag 11 oktober 2013

Back from the.....

It has been a very long while since I have been blogging here and well.... it has had its natural explanations! :-) Approximately 2 weeks after my last post I realised that I was ~4 weeks pregnant ! <3
Our little macaron.("She" was bent over in an
U-shape first time we met her^^ hence the name!)

So instead of being the struggling mother of one I am now the mother of 1 + 1. Three  days ago we were at the hospital to do the routinge ultrasound that is offered to pregnant women around week 16 - 20. All went well, and the technician thought that me and my fiance will have a beutiful little baby girl around the 10th of March next year! It has taken some good time for me to get used to the idea of that I am going to be a mom again! Both physical and emotionally.
   Physically I was litterally hit like I was hit by a truck. First trimester I have been so tired. Not necessarily all the time. But it has been so obvious that we now have been two who have been sharing my energy-reserves. Come 6 or 7 pm I have been so tired every evening that I barely can stay awake. I have had to adjust my working arrangements just because of that. Besides of that I have been amazingly blessed. I have not had much of a morningsickness to speak of at all. It has been more of a minor nausea that just become a bit worse with empty stomach. Not as bad as Leonie have had it thats for sure! Lately I had some pelvic girdle pain that have become a bit worse each week, but it is endurable although I am a bit scared how it will develop once I start getting heavier.

The real challenge though have been to embrace the fact that I am actually gonna be a mother again! Up until the ultrasound I have to admit that I still had a nagging feeling that I was just imagining things. Despite all the symptoms and 2 positive pregnancy tests. The US made it so much real! And now I can finally start to grow into  the fact. Hopefully, I will be fully grown emotionally when its time :-)

The last week and a half have been troublesome though. At the end of September I was hit with a cold that I won over quite easily. However, as I usually do I was also hit with some complications in my throat (brochitis) which have meant that I have been home from work a whole extra week with the nastiest stuffed nose and slimey noce I have had in years. Apprently that is something that happens fairly easy when you are pregnant since your immune system is lower to not push the baby away. The stuffy nose and cough I can deal with, but the worst have been to never really feel truly energized since I have not been able to sleep well during the nights. But finally, this morning I woke up realising that the cough was not as bad as it used to be and my nose almost back to normal. I stopped to bless the Gods that had helped me get well, but realised that I should really give thanks to my body instead who have carried me through this!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar